In the survey in 2013, two specific needs were identified for play equipment for older young people and out door gym equipment for fitness training. This supported the need for play equipment in the Stoke sub Hamdon community which was identified as shortfall by a South Somerset District Council survey of Area North. We have combined these two needs into one project, which became and Adopted Project in 2017.
In 2017 we achieved the following:
- Issue of a requirement specification to four potential suppliers for the play and outdoor gym equipment.
- Analysis of the responses, clarifications questions and subsequent analysis of the answers. The overall process took five months and we were able to select a winning contractor in June 2017.
- Gaining planning approval.
- Approval from the Duchy of Cornwall and the landowner and the Parish Council as the leaseholder.
- Selection of a fund-raiser to help with all the grant applications.
The project cost is £117,615.00 and at the start of 2018, the Sports and Recreation Trust has the following funds ring-fenced for this project:
- £34,580.01, which comprises funds raised by Sports and Recreation Trust activities, including the Charity Shop and the May Fayre, and a £10,000.00 grant towards the project from the Parish Council.
- £10,000.00 awarded to the project by South Somerset District Council.
The plan and detail of the project is as follows: